This is not specifically a meal but it is a meal option. It tastes great and you’re getting three excellent veg sources.
Title: Sweet potato mash
Meal type: Meal option/side
Macronutrients: Carbs – 47 Protein – 14 Fat – 7
These macronutrients are based on one serving shown below.
Ingredients: 200g of sweet potato, 80g frozen broccoli, 50g fresh spinach, kerry gold butter. (Note; this is just one serving. Multiply these amounts by however many servings you want).
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes up into small portions. I normally cut lengthways down the middle and then cut each half into 4 or 5 (they can be boiled whole but cutting them up reduces cooking time).
- Put the potato in to a pot and pour over boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes from when the water is bubbling.
- Now to cook your broccoli; microwave or boiling them typically takes 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the water when the time is up. Put the potatoes, broccoli and spinach into the pot that was used to boil the potatoes.
- Mash it all together, add 15g of kerrygold butter, season!
I normally have this with some chicken or a steak.
Play with the recipe, add more veg, different veg etc.
Direct questions to @bencullen_ on twitter.