Title: “SSE” (Salmon, spinach, eggs)
Meal type: Breakfast
Macronutrients: Carbs – 2 Fat 40 – Protein – 48 Kcal 574
Ingredients: Coconut oil, Salmon Fillet, 2 large eggs, spinach.
How to make:
- Put a teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan and turn to a medium heat setting on the hob. Put the salmon fillet in the pan as it starts to warm
- Turn the salmon on to all sides to cook all over
- After around 2 minutes use a spatula to “slice” the salmon fillet into smaller pieces to increase cooking time
- Once salmon pieces look cooked add the spinach to the pan to wilt it slowly.
- While the spinach starts to wilt, crack the 2 eggs and put them into a bowl to mix with a whisk/fork
- Move spinach around the pan as its wilting to mix with the salmon.
- Add the eggs to the pan
- Allow the eggs to heat up and then mix in to “scramble” the eggs.
- Mix salmon, spinach and eggs
- PLATE AND EAT!
The calories can be easily increased further by adding butter to the egg mix or adding extra eggs for someone looking for serious mass gain.
Alternatively those that would be looking for a lower calorie breakfast then just reduce the amount of salmon and eggs accordingly.
A breakfast like this can ensure that your blood sugar levels will not peak and trough like they would if you had cereal/toast. You would not “crash” and are likely to have improved energy levels.