Do you go to the gym?
Are you truly happy with your physique/happy with your progress towards happiness?
If the answer is no to the second question then there are a million reasons as to why it is no… BUT
I believe the main reason people do not progress in the gym is down to consistency.
Not just consistency with going to the gym, but your actual training programme, amount of weight being lifted, total amount of exercise, your meals, your sleep etc.
Can you honestly say your are consistent with your approach?
If the answer is no then don’t expect to progress quickly.
Stupid example but think about a learner driver; if they have lessons irregularly then they are not going to pass their test as quick as someone having consistent lessons. The same can be said for your training.
So what to take from this..
If you are not consistent then set yourself one or two small targets, targets that are very achievable for you, this builds good habits.
So for example;
1. I will go to the gym twice a week for the next 4 weeks
2. I will not eat cereal 4 out of 7 days at breakfast for the next 4 weeks
In 4 weeks time you improve on this….
1. I will do 5×5 training for the next 4 weeks (twice a week built on from first targets)
2. I will eat a high fat, high protein breakfast 3 times a week for the next 4 weeks.
TAKE HOME MESSAGE
1. Build habits to be consistent
2. When you become consistent then you can build further
Next thing you know you’re happier with your physique than ever before!!
@BenCullen_ for questions